Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Basil and Tomato Tagliolini

This past Christmas my husband received a pasta maker from Santa Claus. He really wanted to try and make pasta so I decided to try and make a recipe from the book provided. My husband was supposed to supply the pasta. This is the recipe I used on Monday night:

Basil and Tomato Tagliolini
4 Large heirloom or roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup fresh, chopped basil
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp oregano
1/2 lb dried tagliolini or fettuccine pasta
1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated

Mix together all the ingredients except for the pasta and cheese. Allow mixture the stand for at least 10 minutes. Cook the pasta and mix with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.

As mentioned my husband was to supply the pasta. While experimenting with the machine, he ran into some difficulties creating the pasta, so we didn't have homemade pasta. Instead, I used store bought spaghetti. 

The night I made this we had guests over. We served this experiment with some poor man's garlic bread made from hamburger buns, and peaches. My husband said that the recipe was good, just too much pasta. I believe, he does think it was good, but don't think he liked it over much. He has yet to eat the leftovers. Yes, there are leftovers, because my daughter tried to avoid eating it, and our guests didn't really seem to enjoy it. I wasn't the biggest fan, either, but I am not a good judge since I don't particularly care for tomatoes, and this recipe was about the tomatoes.

I may not care over much for this recipe, but I am still excited to try homemade pasta. I have never had homemade pasta before.

No comments:

Post a Comment