Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Honey Chicken

For Sunday meal, I like to try something a bit more fancy. This past Sunday I decided to try this recipe:
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/honey-chicken-195274/

I thought this recipe would be really good because it combined two of my favorite things; BBQ sauce and honey. I wasn't disappointed. (By the way, my husband had the camera and took lots of pictures)

Right from the start it smelled really good. I followed the directions exactly, though I didn't have enough Paprika. That didn't seem to make a difference to the flavor.

First the chicken was dipped in a flour mixture and cooked, while I made the honey sauce.


The sauce was then poured over the chicken and it was put back in to be cooked a little longer.


At about this time the chicken was smelling really good and all of us were excited to give it a try. After pulling it out of the oven the final time, I poured the chicken and glaze in a bowl and tossed the chicken.

We then ate a delicious meal.

I think everyone enjoyed it. My husband said he did and my daughter ate the chicken pretty quickly. In fact, my husband said that this was a dish he would serve to guests. I felt the chicken was very good, maybe a little too sweet but that did not detract from the delicious flavor. Basically this recipe was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment