Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mac and Cheese

Originally we were going to have the sauteed zucchini with grilled cheese sandwiches, but I just felt like that didn't go together well. Instead, I suggested macaroni (or pasta) and cheese. This recipe looked like it might be flavorful and easy to do.
http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/cheese/stove-top-one-pot-macaroni-cheese-recipe/

Since I was making the zucchini, I asked my husband to make the pasta and cheese. I keep saying pasta because we didn't actually have any macaroni, so we used what we had on hand. We also didn't have any mustard powder, but my husband replaced it with a mustard sauce thing. I'm not actually sure what he used to replace it. In the end, we put bacon bits on top.

It was pretty good, very creamy because of the way that it is made. My husband did a great job.I'm sure that we could make this recipe again, or I might keep going the easy route and buy it in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment