Saturday, January 11, 2014

Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

My husband and I love buffalo wings. We love the flavor and the spiciness. In the attempt to make our own wings we discovered Frank's Hot Sauce or Buffalo Sauce. It is delicious. When I became pregnant I had to put off spicy food, but I miss the flavor, so when I saw this recipe I just knew I had to try it. I called it a poor mans buffalo wings.
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-bites.html 

I tried to follow the recipe exactly. First, I gathered the ingredients.
(The stuff in the fudge swirl is actually flour)

Next, I made the flour mixture and dipped the cauliflower.

Once that baked for 20 minutes I added the hot sauce mixture.

This was baked for another 5 minutes.

The cauliflower bites were pretty good and very, very, very, very spicy. The more you ate the spicier it became. I could only handle a few. My husband liked them, but then again he likes most things smothered in the buffalo/hot sauce. I felt like the sauce overpowered the cauliflower flavor. This recipe would be really good if the sauce was cut down some. I will have to try it again with less sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment