Monday, January 20, 2014

Strawberry Donuts

This past Christmas, my wonderful husband did the twelve days of Christmas to me. One of the gifts I received a mini donut maker. With this gift, I decided to try out this recipe for strawberry donuts.
http://recipesforeatingwell.com/tag/donut-maker-recipe

I tried to follow the recipe exactly.

My husband offered to help, so I asked him to puree the strawberries while I put together the rest of the ingredients. He didn't exactly puree them, but finely chopped the strawberries. We hoped that would be enough and finished the recipe. Turns out we should have pureed the strawberries. When we went to fill the donut cavities, the chopped strawberries kept getting stuck and we lost a lot of our batter. Despite this mishap, we pressed on and glazed the donuts.


The donuts were pretty good. They tasted more like strawberry pancakes than donuts.

I will have to say that after glazing the donuts and letting them sit for a bit, I put them away in containers. The glaze soaked into the donuts and the next day the donuts were wet which not as appetizing. Next time I make this recipe, I will puree the strawberries and eat any glazed donuts immediately. Otherwise I will leave the donuts plain so they do not become wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment